Three-year-old electrocuted in Kasese

January 25, 2023
Updated 2023/01/25 at 10:51 PM

The Police in Kasese Municipality are investigating circumstances, under which a minor was electrocuted Wednesday. The two-year-old identified as Muhindo Bosco reportedly died after stepping on a live electric cable in Nyakasanga upper cell in Nyamwamba division. 

According to residents, the live wire was left on the ground by a team of technicians from UMEME during their routine maintenance exercise. 

The Kasese District Police Commander Wilfred Bagenda says that they were alerted by the residents shortly after the incident but they found the boy already dead.

Residents and local leaders blamed power distributor UMEME for not erecting warning signs in areas where they are working. Kenneth Katindi, one of the residents, says that this is the second person that has been electrocuted in the area within three weeks.

Sponsored Content

The area LC  vice chairperson Edinock Maate, said they alerted the UMEME office after seeing the live wire on the ground but there was no timely response until the minor was electrocuted.

Efforts to get a comment from UMEME by press time were still futile.


Leave your vote

ALSO READ  Spice Diana is the most stylish Ugandan artist - Full Figure

Disclaimer

This demo site is only for demonstration purposes. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources.

Share this Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

close
Generated by Feedzy

Log In

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.